Friday 6 September 2013

Even more Sufjan...

So apparently it's been almost two years since my last Sufjan Stevens post which majorly sucks. Why? Well it's such a misrepresentation of us. Stevens and I. But I guess that's what I get for not blogging for nearly a year right?

It looks like we've got some catching up to do and Stevens is the best place to start. I love him. No joke, no lie. Not as a person, because I don't know him, but musically? The love runs deep. I think I can go as far as saying he's my favourite musician of all time. (What I really mean is he's my favourite non-european*, white male musician of all time LOL).

I found myself singing a line from this song today. I sing this line alot because it's one of those lines. I feel them in the base of my spine. Somehow a melody, lyric, tone and harmony combine and make me...stop. And feel. I'm sure i've mentioned the type before. It happens alot with Stevens. In fact the whole song is one of those. For me anyway.


"I still have the things you gave,
Four anointing oils the paper weight you made"


So I was feeling kinda sombre, but not overly so. Sang the line and the wave of love that I feel for all things Sufjan** washed over me and I just felt so complete. And serene and warm and understood and all of those things that I can't describe so I decided to share this vid.

I love you for reading this,
Rella x

P.S: No but really? "Did you cut your hands on me? Are my edges sharp? Am I a pest to feed?" Or even- "And if it pleases you to leave me, just go. Stopping you would stifle your enchanting ghost" Are you trying to make me love you more?? Well you succeeded Stevens. You succeeded!!

*That way I can still claim Damien Rice as well!
**excluding the Age of Adz album which I refuse to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment