Sunday 25 August 2013

Water Chestnuts? Why you so creepy? Yeah I'm talking to you!

This one is for you K, you're always asking when a new post will be up and I appreciate the love you have for my blog. It makes me feel all warm inside. Like a microwave :)

Oh a few nights ago those of you who are subscribed by email woulda been sent a post that wasn't finished. What had happened was, I was tired, was writing this post, as I continued it was making less and less sense and I couldn't be bothered to make it make any sense, especially because the whole thing seemed funnier in my head (as most things do) so I went to click save put instead clicked publish. *face palm*. Now I never knew that it even got sent out because I converted it into a draft but O told me she saw it so hence this here explanation...

Now onto todays post. It's a real one. I promise :)

Ok. So I've mentioned before that I may be kinda strange when it comes to food. It's not that I don't like food. I loves me some food. It's just that sometimes, on occasion, my overactive imagination interferes with my food experience.

I thought I had all the foods that I didn't like down to a T. WRONG. The list just gets longer and longer. A couple of days ago I got a takeaway. I loves me some Chinese right, so I'm sitting tucking in to these sweet chilli chicken noodles *drool* and all of a sudden I hear this CRUNCHHHH sound and i'm like "WHAT THE HECK???" I try not to freak out. I look up the ingredionies to this meal on the leaflet: Chicken (me likes), Noodles (me likes), blah blah blah, Crunchy Water Chestnuts (IT'S YOU!).

Now see, I've heard of water chestnuts before. One day I was googling my love (Chestnuts) and I kept on seeing 'not to be confused with water chestnuts which are completely different'. Completely different is an understatement. Water chestnuts are sooooo creepy. I don't know how else to describe them (and creepy is one of my new fav words lol).

It's not the crunch that makes it creepy. I like crunchy food. Heck I love Crunchy Nut. The problem is how it crunches. I tried to suck it up. Tried to be a grownup and not let these creepy veggies spoil my meal. So I take another bite. CRUNCHHHH!!!. I just couldn't do it. I once met somebody who was afraid of apples. Or to be more specific: the sound of somebody eating an apple. And I couldn't understand because I loves me some crunchy apples. But now I gets it. Imagine the sound of the crunchiest apple you've ever eaten and then cross breed that with the sound of nails against a chalkboard. That's what water chestnuts sound like. They're like the vegetable equivalent of polystyrene against polystyrene. In your mouth. Unaffected by your saliva. So damn creepy *shudders*

I hope this post finds you all well.
Rella x x

1 comment:

  1. Crunch, crunch, crunch, crunch crunch........I also like apples :)

    K

    ReplyDelete