Tuesday 24 January 2012

Childhood flashbacks

I don't remember much of my childhood. In fact come to think of it, I don't remember much of anything. Seriously, I can't remember yesterday but I remember yesterday happened. Does that make sense? 

The way my memory works has always freaked me out a bit. I don't remember in film, more like in thought... anyway, back in my dramatic years (did they ever end?) I used to worry about why I couldn't remember anything. But I do remember because I have a memory, I just can't see the memories that I must have because of my, you know- memory. And that used to worry- my not being able to see the memories that I must have. Still with me? No? *brain ache*?

One thing I do remember is music. It's seems as though recently I've been hearing more and more songs that remind me of my childhood, a childhood I don't remember but you get the picture lol. 

I love the feeling of familiarity and nostalgia and time that I get whenever I hear one of these. I remember (or do I? (lol)) for years Fleetwood Mac- Dreams played in my head when I was a kid and I had no clue why, or where I'd heard it from. And then when I got older, years later I stumbled across FM at work and then heard Dreams and this wave a familiarity washed over me and I was like 'wasn't this the song that used to play in my head all the time?!'

And then today this image of a man walking down the street barging people popped into my head, I was like 'what video is that from? I used to love that song', Googled it and got reunited with this song that, for whatever reason, really takes me back to being in the 90's.


One day I'm going to rein-act this video with the song playing on my iPod. Leather jacket and all. But obv's not for too long because it's kinda mean. 

It's kinda funny because some days it feels like I get barged all the time and I feel like channelling some verve! I go on a barging SPREE- in my head of course. I'm passive remember *sigh*

This song also takes me back to the first time I watched Cruel Intentions and consequently fell in love with Ryan Phillipe. Time flies.

Lastly I felt that upon further listening this next vid deserved more than a mere link out. I really love this song, it took a while but we got there in the end :) 

In the past fortnight there have been about four posts that I wrote in my head but was too lazy to type up ( ._.)

C'est terrible, oui je sais, mais je veux changer!

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment